Kiosk is due to be launched in early 2024 by Zoho CRM (exact date TBD). Inner Core Solutions have early access to it, and it looks great!
What is Kiosk? It’s low-code Process Flows to help your users through otherwise complex or repetitive routines. What’s more, it’s designed to be easy to implement in-house, so no need for developer input.
While Zoho Blueprint can help with some of these functions, Kiosk goes a whole lot further and faster.
When To Use Kiosk
For many businesses, the typical CRM user is a busy sales rep or customer service agent, whose time is valuable. They’re busy connecting with contacts and closing sales opportunities or service cases. Throughout, best practice and processes in the CRM demand that staff do the following:
- Search for records or fields.
- Work with multiple tabs open.
- Make numerous mouse clicks.
- Update records manually.
- And much, much more.
Often, this can mean that CRM data is not properly added or updated in busy times, causing data integrity problems down-the-line. Poor user experience leads to poor process compliance.
What Does Kiosk Look Like?
Kiosk process flows enable you to provide your users with a much simpler, faster way to follow best practice procedures. In this example, they users are able to achieve the following:
- Initiate Kiosk from a convenient location in the CRM.
2. Follow instructions as they enter data and move between screens.
3. End a Kiosk flow with the click of a button.
While a user completes a process, Zoho CRM uses the gathered data to update fields in multiple modules across the tool, create new records, trigger webhooks, and execute functions.
Users get a more pleasant experience of working with Zoho. Process flows are built around their actual workflow. Meanwhile admins and management can ensure process compliance, accurate data entry and data integrity within the CRM.
Is Kiosk Right for Everyone?
Many business processes are well-suited for process flows from Kiosk. Common characteristics of them are:
- The action requires user input and/or a user to choose the correct next step.
- The process requires different screens to be shown to the user based on previous decisions and supplied data.
- Gathered data is used to perform a series of actions in the CRM.
- The process needs to be completed continuously and/or repeatedly.
Typical use cases might be:
- Call scripts and prompts for sales teams.
- CRM updates that involve a handoff between account executives and customer success representatives.
- Record creation and modification when a contact has moved to a new company or position in the same organisation.
- Providing sales staff with a walkthrough of how to offer discounts.
- Filling out an application form for new students, where new records need to be created in multiple modules.
How to Set Up Process Flows in Kiosk
This explainer video from Zoho shows you how to build Kiosk process flows, quickly and easily. It’s 11 mins 48 seconds long, but covers a lot of ground.
Follow this link to see the video:
In conclusion, you can create process flows using the Kiosk low-code process flow builder. Build process flows to cover multiple use cases, but ultimately, they’re the same in that they’re made up of a few basic elements:
- decisions, and
These are added, configured, and connected in multiple ways.
Also, Kiosk is supported in CRM sandboxes, so you can test them out safely, prior to deploying them in your live CRM environment.
We love it!